For a while there has been a Meme going around web logs to nominate folks to reveal stuff that most readers wouldn't know about the them. If you search Google for "Five things you don't know about me" (in quotes) you get nearly 195,000 hits. Well Mike nominated me a few weeks ago. Most of the lists are quite boring but of course I'm more interesting than most people ;-) So here goes ...
1. I played a policeman in a senior school play. I had to wear the full uniform. My performance was so wooden you could have made a chest of draws out of me.
2. I've managed to forget my twin sister' birthday. Twice.
3. The first vehicle I ever owned was a 20 year old Wolverhampton Council Sherpa van. Painted yellow. I had it for nearly 10 years.
4. The first books which caught my imagination were the works of René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo. Better known as The Adventures of Asterix.
5. The first gig I ever played was at the Trogg Bar in Hull supporting a Jimi Hendrix tribute band. I played 2 songs I had written and The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel. The applause was charitable but audible.
I think the fizz has gone out of this meme a little bit so I won't tag anyone but if you are burning to expose some obscure facts about yourself then by all means crack them out and I will happily pretend I nominated you.